Thursday, March 29, 2007

Garza: "I'll be back"

Matt Garza said he wasn't surprised when Twins manager Ron Gardenhire told him he would start the season in Class AAA Rochester. Before a morning workout at minor league camp today, Garza said he was told he could be in Rochester "for a month, could be three months."

"They said they wanted me to be able to get in some innings," Garza said, "not pitch two innings here and, three days later, three innings there. I don't know ... I'll just do what I got to do to get back up there."

Garza said Gardenhire told him around 3:30, and the young right-hander packed quickly and walked down the street.

"It's kind of a good thing; I would have said stuff," Garza said. "I was seriously really upset. It's lucky I didn't say anything. I'll be OK. I'll do what I have to do. I'll be back."

No comments: